Indulge Your Sweet Tooth Cravings at Home By Trying Out These Starbucks Recipes
Starbucks has released delicious sweets recipes that don’t only satisfy our Starbucks coffee cravings, but also open our eyes to the fun in cooking. From tiramisu to blancmange, check out these 7 coffee-based recipes you can try making at home.
Tiramisu, a classic Italian dessert using coffee.
Let’s make delicious tiramisu using Starbucks Via Italian Roast, a stick type coffee variant from Starbucks. You can give it a sophisticated flavor by adding a tablespoon of rum to the coffee.
- Mix 2 egg yolks and 20g of sugar, then add 150g of mascarpone cheese.
- Beat 2 egg whites and 30g of sugar until the meringue becomes stiff. Mix with the egg and cheese mixture.
- Dissolve 2 sticks of Starbucks Via in 100ml hot water and soak finger biscuits in the mixture.
- Layer the soaked finger biscuits and egg and cheese mixture alternately on top of the other on a stainless steel tray then dust with cocoa powder on top.
Cool and delicious coffee blancmange.
Make blancmange, a frozen dessert using milk with almond flavor. The almond’s fragrant flavor goes great with the refreshing Starbucks Via Coffee Essence Colombia.
- Mix 200ml of almond-flavored milk, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in low heat and stir until thick.
- Pour in a glass to cool and harden.
- Similarly, mix 200ml of milk, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 stick of Starbucks Via Colombia, and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in low heat and stir until thick.
- Pour on top of the cooled milk mixture and allow to cool and harden as well. If you want to make simple blancmange, mix Via with all the milk.
Coffee Jelly with Marmalade
A refreshing coffee jelly with marmalade.
Here is a secret technique to make the regular coffee jelly more striking and energizing. Pour coffee jelly and marmalade in the cup at the ratio of 3:1 so you can still enjoy the deep flavor of the coffee. Stir a little before eating and you’re all set!
- With Starbucks Iced Coffee Blend, pour 400ml of hot coffee using a coffee maker, etc.
- Mix powdered gelatin to the coffee mix and spread on a stainless steel tray to cool and harden.
- Put orange marmalade at the bottom of the glass and pour the jelly on top while breaking it up gently.
Coffee pancakes for adults.
Easy-to-make pancakes are popular during the quarantine season. Increase your repertoire by trying a bittersweet flavor. The sauce you pour on top can be any Starbucks Via flavor, maple syrup, or honey!
- Make pancakes using commercially available pancake mix, prescribed amount of milk or 200ml water, and 1 stick of Starbucks Via Italian Roast.
- For coffee sauce, dissolve 1 stick of Starbucks Via Caramel in 30ml hot water.
- Top the pancakes with butter or vanilla ice cream then pour coffee sauce.
Level up your French toast with coffee flavor.
If you want to try a different version of French toast, making it coffee flavored is recommended. Adjust the amount of Starbucks Via on your French toast mix to your liking.
- Slice baguette diagonally in 1.5cm thickness.
- Mix 100ml of soy milk, 1 egg, 1/2 stick of Starbucks Via Italian Roast, and 1.5 tablespoons of maple syrup. Soak the baguette slices and fry in butter.
- Make sauce by heating 1/2 stick of Starbucks Via Italian Roast with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar.
Coffee Flavored Mascarpone Cheese Cream
Coffee flavored mascarpone cheese cream on baguette slices.
A little extra effort can make snacks so much better. By adding dried cranberries or orange marmalade on top of the cream, sliced bread can look more elegant and delectable. Enjoy it with Starbucks Via Colombia’s light acidity.
- Dissolve Starbucks Via Colombia in 1 teaspoon of hot water.
- Mix the dissolved coffee in 100g of mascarpone cheese.
- Spread on thinly sliced baguettes and garnish with dry fruits, jam, or marmalade. If you want a sweeter cream, use Starbucks Via Mocha instead.
Dessert + flavor sauce
Have ice cream with Starbucks Via.
Another twist that goes a long way in making the most delicious desserts is adding whipped cream or fresh fruits to make an elegant dessert plate. You can also use any Starbucks Via flavor, but caramel is the most recommended one to try. The sweet taste and aroma of the coffee that spreads in your mouth is an experience you should not miss.
- Dissolve Starbucks Via flavored coffee in 15ml hot water.
- Pour on top of waffles, pancakes, or ice cream in a zigzag pattern.
By Ayumi Hirai
Provided by Japan Walker™, Walkerplus™, and Tokyo Walker™ (21 May 2020)