Jazz Up Your Homemade Sandwich With Ingredients From the Kombini
Make meals interesting even if you're dining at home.
Sandwiches are easy-to-prepare meals that make for a great quick lunch. But it might get a little boring when you use the same ingredients all the time. This is the part when food items from your friendly neighborhood kombini or convenience store will come in handy.
Kijima Ryuta, the fridge genie of Japan, has shared with us another quick recipe of a delicious sandwich using Salad Fish from kombini.
Cheese Fish Sandwich
A simple recipe yet looks fancy and filling.
What you’ll need:
- Loaf bread (2 slices)
- Salad Fish (mackerel, 1 pack)
- Onion (quarter, cut into thin slices)
- Lettuce (2 large pieces)
- Sliced cheese (1 piece)
- Mayonnaise (as desired)
- Lemon (as desired)
Salad Fish that is a common item at any kombini.
What you need to do:
1. Prepare the ingredients by cutting the Salad Fish into bite sizes, the onions should be thinly sliced perpendicular to its fibers, toast the bread until it is light brown.
2. Put the sliced cheese, Salad Fish, onions, and lettuce in this order on a piece of loaf bread. Fold the lettuce so that it doesn’t stick out of the bread. On the other piece of bread, spread some mayonnaise then place it on top of the lettuce.
3. Wrap the sandwich with cling wrap. Once the cling wrap absorbed the bread’s moisture, cut them into desired serving slices. Remove the wrap then plate. Put a lemon slice on the side for garnish.
By just using a commonly sold ingredient like this Salad Fish, you can make a quick yet filling and delicious sandwich. It may be best to try especially if you rarely cook fish meals.
This recipe was shared by Kijima Ryuta, a cooking specialist, who is famous for creating easy-to-prepare recipes. He has written a book called NHK Kijima Ryuta no Kobara Suitemasenka? Papatto Recipe, which translates to ‘are you hungry for Kijima Ryuta’s quick recipes?’ published by Takarajimasha.
Provided by Japan Walker™, Walkerplus™, and Tokyo Walker™ (09 May 2020)