These Coffee-Powered Breakfast Dishes From Starbucks Will Fuel You for the Day
If you need that extra kick in the morning.
If you’re the type to start your mornings with a good cup of coffee, we highly suggest you try these recipes for a great breakfast. Starbucks has recently shared these easy breakfast recipes you can prepare at home.
Coffee Baguette Topped with Apple
A fancy breakfast dish served at home.
First, let’s try this fancy breakfast with crispy toasted baguette and apple toppings. To get that glossy finish, drizzle some honey on top. After you’ve toasted the baguette is toasted, top it with apples cut into thin wedges and garnish with some mint leaves. You’re looking at a gourmet breakfast plate!
- Cut the baguette in half then cut it in half vertically.
- Make a coffee sauce by mixing a teaspoon of Starbucks VIA Instant Italian Roast Coffee, 2 tablespoons of honey, 20g of butter, 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar into a bowl, and lightly heat in the microwave. Spread on the baguette but leave a few for the topping later.
- Slice apples into about 3mm and lay them on the baguette. In an oven, toast until the apples are tender and the baguettes are crispy. Drizzle the remaining coffee sauce and garnish with mint leaves to finish.
Starbucks VIA Dressing
A coffee stick for a dressing.
In this recipe, we will use Starbucks VIA Coffee Essence Colombia, or if you prefer a darker blend, Starbucks VIA Italian Roast. Enjoy cooking with a dressing that’s got a kick!
- In a pan, lightly heat the mixture of 1.5 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon of honey, and a stick of Starbucks VIA. It is done when the coffee has been completely dissolved in the liquid.
- Once it has cooled completely, add a tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of olive oil, and salt (as desired).
- Drizzle and toss into your choice of salad.
Perfect served at home!
Lastly, a menu item that is perfect for at-home fancy drinking. A unique rillette (a French meat dish made by stewing pork meat) with a good balance of the flavors of meat and coffee. Spread on some baguettes or crackers, put on a nice platter to serve.
- Make a pork rillette of your preferred recipe.
- Dissolve a stick of Starbucks VIA Mocha into a teaspoon of hot water (for a rillette made with 200-250g of pork).
- Add the dissolved coffee into the rillette gradually, as preferred.
- Spread on thinly sliced baguette or crackers.
By Ayumi Hirai
Provided by Japan Walker™, Walkerplus™, and Tokyo Walker™ (21 May 2020)