How to Apply for a Japanese Tourist Visa
It's not as hard as you think.
Japan has long earned a sweet spot among Filipinos' international dream destinations. Thankfully, traveling to the land of the rising sun isn't as intimidating as it seems. We walk you through the easy tourist visa application process and list down all the Japanese visa requirements you need to know about.
Accomplish the visa application form.
Get a copy of the Japan visa application form at the entrance of the Japanese embassy, on the Japanese embassy's website, or from any of its seven accredited agencies. The Japanese embassy is located at 2627 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City, and also has consular offices in Cebu and in Davao.
You will need the following:
- A fairly recent 2x2 or a 45mmx45mm ID photo
- The name of your hotel, apartment
- Host-in case you're staying with someone
- Birth certificate-issued within one year from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Main Office or any Serbilis Outlet Center (find one near you here). The PSA Main Office is located at the PSA Complex, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City.
- Marriage certificate (if you're married)-issued within one year from the PSA Main Office or any Serbilis Outlet Center
- Your daily itinerary in Japan (Taizai Yoteihyo)
If you're paying for all your travel expenses, you will need:
- An original copy of your bank certificate-at least three months from date of issue
- A clear photocopy of your latest Income Tax Return (BIR Form 2316)
If your trip has a sponsor or guarantor based in the Philippines, you will need:
- A guarantee letter
- Proof of relationship between you and your guarantor
- An original copy of your guarantor's bank certificate
- A clear photocopy of your guarantor's ITR Form 2316
Submit the accomplished visa application form (printed in A4) at any of the accredited travel agencies and wait for the results.
Keep in mind that the Japanese embassy does not and no longer accepts visa applications. You will need to course it through any of the below travel agencies, each with different corresponding visa processing fees. There's no guarantee that your visa will be granted, so make sure to complete all requirements and cross your fingers! Processing usually takes three to five business days.
Please note that the information above may change at any time. Always cross-check your requirements with the information listed on the Japanese embassy's website to make sure your application is complete.